This beautiful waterfall is where the Firestone River cascades 150 feet downward through a deep canyon ravine in a series of drops, the greatest being 50 feet. From the parking lot next to the road, a short accessible boardwalk leads to an overlook platform positioned literally on the cliff's edge. This provides an excellent view of the cascades as well as the continued downward flow of the river through the canyon. The cascades were named by park superintendent Philetus Norris in 1881 for the 12-year-old son of Wyoming’s territorial governor John Wesley Hoyt, when he and his son Kepler were visiting the park that year. This site is definitely worth a quick stop to see one of Yellowstone’s beautiful waterfalls. The parking lot can accommodate several vehicles and has good RV and trailer parking availability as well. There is no restroom located here.
Kepler Cascades was mentioned in our article titled: "Best Places to Go and Things to do with Kids in Each of Yellowstone's 14 Road Sections"